Senior Software Test Engineer
Quardev, Inc is actively seeking new team members to join our family of exceptional people. We have a fast-growth, community-minded culture that is built on integrity, innovation, and fun, with a commitment to Doing-What-It-Takes to get the job done for our clients. Our five-star service standard, along with our professionalism and personable, partnering approach to doing business has earned us a 100% return rate with our clients since opening in 2000. Come join us and trade your job in for a career and become excited about going to work again.The Senior Software Test Engineer will be a key member of the test team. Responsibilities include troubleshooting and triaging problem reports from our communications system testing process. The successful candidate will have a balance of skills and experience with design of testing of communication software applications.
- Actively participate in project-wide reviews of requirements, system architecture, and detailed design documents.
- Test the product release as needed to support the target release schedule.
- Debug errors found during test execution and produce complete defect packages in support of development.
- Analyze formal test results in order to discover, document and regress defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Communicate test estimates, test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
- 3+ years of experience as a Senior Tester with previous ownership of a major software component
- 7+ years of practical engineering experience testing Java and C/C++ based components in a Linux environment.
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of testing methodologies
- Understanding technical specifications and log file analysis.
- Strong verbal, documentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience interfacing with customers on previous projects
- Able to successfully communicate technical concepts and information to internal staff and peers - you have an opinion and are capable of getting across your ideas in a respectful and meaningful way
- Actively build and maintain a set of black box test cases.
- Working knowledge of HP Quality Center for defect management and test case development.
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Experience working with offshore resource
- Proven experience running daily triage. Capable of defining process improvements.
- You work well within a team environment, capable of supporting your peers by actively doing your part.
- Previous experience with agile development methodologies.
- Previous experience with setting up or performing testing on complex test platforms.
- Previous experience working cross-team in support of multiple releases.
- Previous experience defining and improving test processes.
Local candidates ONLY.
US Citizens and Green Card holders are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor visas at this time.