Content Development and Editorial
Clear, concise, consistent - these are our standards in technical writing, content development, and user experience services. We can provide content and user assistance professionals to supplement your existing team or take on a content project for you. You can be confident we'll deliver relevant expertise to help complete your project.
When you work with Quardev, you'll see first-hand how good communication is an integral part of the Quardev experience. You'll always be up-to-date on your project status, and your ability to engage experts across a diverse set of disciplines is never more than an e-mail or phone call away.
Let us know how we can help - we offer contract, contract-to-hire, permanent placement and managed services.
Content Development Roles
|Content Development Roles||General Descriptions|
|Technical Writer||Produce high-quality documentation that clearly communicates complex and technical information for an intended audience.
• Work with various teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product/service and the documentation requirements
• Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
• Create and maintain the information architecture
• Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
• Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help, and developer guides
|Editor||Edit technical content for organization, technical accuracy, and style.
• Plan documents necessary for a project: content, cost, timing, other resource requirements
• Set and enforce standards for the company’s publications and (in consultation with writers) for a particular project
• Assist writers in the development of material, particularly its logical order and structure
• Advise writers on the appropriate use of graphics, wording of headings, figure and table captions, page breaks, index and glossary entries
• Provide various edit levels as necessary
• Review, edit and rewrite all technical copy as necessary, in cooperation with authors
|Proofreader||Ensure that content is clear and consistent, complete and credible, and that text is well written, grammatically correct, and accessible.
• Review a wide variety of technical materials for accuracy, clarity, and consistency of content and format; correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation
• Use industry and company style guides to ensure accuracy and consistency of content
• Rewrite parts of text, as necessary, and query content developers when unsure of intent
• Note and question artwork, layout, and production errors
|UX (User Experience) Designer||Explore many different approaches to solving issues for users to ensure that a product logically flows from one step to the next.
• Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
|UI (User Interface) Designer||Design how the product is laid out by designing each screen or page to ensure that the UI visually communicates a clear path.
• Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
• Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
• Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
• Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
Get Content and Editorial Help