Cloud/DevOps Site Reliability Engineer
Austin, TX or Remote
Experience - 8 Years
Bachelor of Science - Computer Science and Engineering
Skills and Experience
- Experience in designing, deploying and managing mission-critical applications and working on Windows, UNIX and Red Hat Linux platform executing DevOps principles to implement and manage CI/CD
frameworks in on-premises and cloud.
• Knowledge of managing hosting plans for Azure Infrastructure, implementing & deploying workloads on Azure virtual machines (VMs), design and implement VM storage (images/disks).
• Proficient in core AWS services (S3, EC2, ELB, EBS, Route53, VPC, Auto scaling etc.) and deployment services (Elastic Beanstalk, Ops Works and Cloud Formation) and security practices (IAM, Cloud
Watch and Cloud trail).
• Created CloudFormation Templates for different environments (DEV/stage/prod) to automate infrastructure (ELB, CloudWatch alarms, ASGs, SNS, RDS etc.) on click of a button.
• Experienced in setting up Amazon EC2 instances, virtual private cloud (VPCs), and security groups, Data Pipeline and Lambda. Setting up databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 bucket and
configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
• Proficient in Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Config Maps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods.
• Worked with Docker and Kubernetes on multiple cloud providers, from helping developers build and containerize their application (CI/CD) to deploying either on public or private cloud.
• Expertise in integrating Docker containers infrastructure and Continuous Integration for building & deploying Docker containers and excelled on creating AMI (Amazon Machine Images) that utilizes ELB (Elastic Load Balancer) and Auto Scaling.
• Experience in writing Ansible playbooks to deploy automated tasks to multiple servers, managing configurations on AWS and test playbooks on AWS instances and written Ansible Scripts to assist Dev
• Experience in managing Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles and used Ansible Tower to manage Multiple Nodes and Manage Inventory for different Environments.
• Worked with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment on OpenStack environment.
• Extensive knowledge on installing, configuring, and administering Jenkins CI tool in Linux machines and used Jenkins Pipeline to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
• Proficient in building Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repos containing code and administered/engineered Jenkins for managing weekly builds.
• Experienced in writing scripts using ANT, Maven build tools and POM files for generating java-based artifacts such as JAR, WAR and EAR from source code.
• Proficient in the installation and configuration of web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Web Server and other servers on Ubuntu, Red hat Linux, Fedora, CentOS, and Amazon Linux instances.
• Experience with Administration/Maintenance of Source Control Management Systems such as GIT, Subversion (SVN) on Linux and windows platform. Knowledge on setting up project Baselines,
Branching, Merging, and Tagging source code in GIT.
• Exposed to all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and In-depth understanding of the principles.
• Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile and SAFE methodologies.